3C Game Designer
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Game Designer to be responsible for designing and driving development of player characters for a third-person open world action game.
The Game Designer will be responsible for creating clear and actionable design documentation that supports the high-level vision of the Creative Director, and Game Director. They will be the primary point of contact for the features they design and will be responsible for coordinating the work of multiple disciplines into a cohesive, fun and high-quality gaming experience.
- Takes ownership of specific features or systems such as player navigation, game metrics, and works closely with Programming and Animation departments to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Game Director and Creative Director.
- Creates and maintains living design documentation that keep pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Animation, Art, and Programming.
- Build sufficient knowledge of the scripting languages and design tools of the Unreal engine and in-house tools to build and iterate on player-hero features in-game.
- Displays communication skills sufficient to align and motivate the Programmers, Animators, Technical Animators, and other Designers working on their feature.
- Support production teammates to help organize tasks and dependencies relevant to features.
Work Experience Requirements
- Three to Six years of game design experience required (Note: We are open to consider senior applicants as well and title will be adjusted accordingly)
- Shipped multiple console/PC titles in a designer role.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Associate degree or equivalent job experience preferred.
- Experience with designing gameplay systems for an open world game.
- Experience designing gameplay features for an action game.
- Experience with player character mechanics.
- Ability to translate game concepts into on-screen gameplay.
- An understanding of gameplay flow and readability.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Experience with Unreal Editor desired.
- Understanding of animation concepts preferred.