Associate User Researcher
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games is looking to add a new member in Montreal to its central user research team. We are looking for an Associate User Researcher with a passion for understanding and evaluating player experiences in order to assist the design and production teams to make data-informed decisions, and ultimately make the greatest possible games.
As an associate user researcher, you will help the research team collect and analyze player data in a variety of ways, such as recruiting participants, moderating playtests, administering surveys, and compiling results. You will also have a variety of technical tasks such as maintaining the research facility and keeping the lab in good running order. You will receive training for many of the necessary skills; however, knowledge of basic research practices and interacting with players is critical.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of research studies.
- Work hand-in-hand with user researchers to deliver timely actionable results to our development partners
- Facilitate a wide variety of research methodologies such as usability studies, playtests, internal play sessions, and survey research.
- Recruit participants for each study based on defined profiles
- Set-up and prepare research stations with necessary software
- Summarize research notes and observations collected during a study, compile survey results into synthesized findings
- Flexibility to moderate research sessions which may take place on evenings or weekends as required
- Support the user research team in various day-to-day tasks
- Maintain lab hardware and various equipment, including basic troubleshooting
- Develop and evolve the playtest recruitment database
- Create documentation and supporting assets for the research group
- Pursuit of a relevant university degree such as psychology, human computer interaction, user experience, market research, game design
- Special Knowledge or Skills that would be valuable:
- Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision, and speaking in front of groups with authority
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to learn
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of research design, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies
- Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games
- Passionate about video games and an active player in a variety of genres
- Must be bilingual (French/English) with strong written and verbal abilities in both languages
- Must be able to work in Canada. (Relocation support is not offered for this role.)
- Have grit. Be rad.