About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks an Audio Designer to ensure the creation of appropriate audio elements for assigned products by working with the gameplay team. Under the supervision of the lead audio designer, the audio designer will work with the audio director to ensure the audio assets in the game are coherent, respect the audio direction and are of very high quality.
Create content that enhances the game and supports the audio vision.
- Offer mentorship to junior and mid-level members of the team as well as reviews work. Is an owner of a portion of the game audio. Can demonstrate proof of concept. Influence and provide mentorship to other team members in content creation
- Design and create game related audio systems. Creates workflows and works with other designers.
- Completely understand the project pipeline, has ownership over some areas. Advises on and helps to actively improve the pipeline. Creates, implements and own features that may include paper designs approved by the audio director.
- Can set up for recording (inside or outside) and has mastered good recording techniques. Owns or oversees mixing in an area and contributes to game mix. Plans and identifies recordings needed with the team.
- Is proficient with audio and engine tools. Can implement in all tools and audio middleware. Test and debug game when needed and communicates with team members to resolve issues.
- Have a large influence over the quality of the project audio. Provides feedback to the other members of the audio team using their expertise.
- 5 years of experience in audio design for video games
- Has shipped at least 1 AAA title as audio designer
- Experience in game engines such as Unreal (animations tags, emitters…)
- Experience in audio middleware such as Wwise
- Methodically test and debug in-game audio assets
- Knowledge of software used to create and manipulate audio effects such as Pro Tools, Reaper or Ableton Live
- Recording, foley, DSP and 5.1 mixing skills. Experience using asset management systems such as Perforce
- Ability to manage off site audio contractors
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn new tools and be part of a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Knowledge of visual scripting such as Kismet or Blueprint is a plus
- Experience in music editing and implementation is a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Music or audio related degree or equivalent, with good critique and vocabulary skills
- A demo reel is mandatory