About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), is looking to hire a Cinematic Animator to work closely with the Lead Animator & Animation Director. The Animator will help to create and polish high-quality facial animations for the Cinematic Pipeline: which features, Pcap (Performance Capture) and Key Framed animation.
- Will be required to create high-quality animation assets that fit the style, and aesthetic of the game.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to offer creative input on assigned tasks.
- Must be Self-Motivated.
- Must be Autonomous.
- 3 + years of industry experience.
- At least 1 published game preferably Xbox One or PS4.
- Applies high-level problem solving to animation challenges.
- Proven excellence in realistic Hand-keyed and Mocap (Motion Capture) animation.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- 3D art degree with an emphasis in character keyframe animation or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred software experience: Maya, Motion Builder.
- Excellent key Frame and Mocap animation skills.
- Good understanding of animation theory and technique.
- Good understanding of game development process and limitations (an asset).
- An understanding of character animation pipelines (an asset).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- A positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Portfolio/Demo Reel