About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), is looking for a Financial Analyst to join its finance team. The analyst will serve as a partner and contact for the heads of the departments under their responsibility.
The analyst will be involved in the preparation of project development budgets, the annual operating budget, monthly forecasts, month-end activities, tax credit claims and financial reports. The analyst’s responsibilities will include budget monitoring, data entry and validation, variance reporting and analyses. The analyst will also support the business activities of the finance unit, including coding invoices, creating purchase orders and other related services.
The analyst is also required to participate in projects to improve the performance and efficiency of processes and resources in the finance function and throughout the studio.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Serve as a business partner and contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Model, analyze, interpret and present financial information.
- Identify and implement improvements to models, processes and procedures.
- Participate in a wide range of activities related to the preparation and filing of the annual operating budget and monthly forecasts.
- Participate in month-end activities, including adjusting entries and cost allocation, and keep prepaid expense plans and amortization schedules up to date.
- Prepare plans and supporting documentation for government grants, tax credits and government audits.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses, reports and special projects.
- Provide operational support, including contract negotiation, production of purchase orders, invoice coding and other related services.
- At least two years of accounting work experience required.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance or Accounting, completed or underway.
- CPA certification, is an asset
- General knowledge of accounting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Process-driven, and constantly looking for ways to improve operational efficiency.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in French and English.
- Must be able to work autonomously.
- Experience with SAP is an asset.
- Experience with Power BI and Power Query is an asset
- Knowledge of the video games industry is an asset.