About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Gameplay Animator to work closely with the Animation Director and lead animators to maintain and create high quality animations for real time in game movements.
- Responsible for animating 3D character models in a DC universe game, including working with motion capture data, hand key frame animations.
- Strong animation foundations for body mechanics, posing and timing.
- Work with engineers and designers to prototype new game features.
- Participate in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and define the look and feel of areas and characters.
- Assist in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
- Animation bug fixing.
Work Experience Requirements
- A portfolio/ demo reel demonstrating proficiency in Animation is required.
- A degree with an emphasis on character key frame animation or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years game industry experience.
- Must have shipped at least one game
- Ability to bring high level of artistic/animation accomplishment to the solution of artistic problems.
- Proven key framing knowledge and skill set.
- Worked with Motion Capture Data.
- Ability to determine the best method of completing tasks that fall within the scope of normal responsibilities.
- Development experience with a proven track record of contributions.
- Competency in content creation for Animation.
- Initiative in pursuing new assignments.
- Ability to give and take direction well.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong interest in computer games.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree or equivalent, with excellent critique and vocabulary skills. BFA or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be familiar with one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Softimage, etc.).
- Strong understanding of the game development process.
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines.
- Strong understanding of MEL/Python/Maxscript.or similar systems required.
- Experience with outsourced content and proven ability to work with outsourcing and external development teams.
- A Strong understanding of modern 3D engines and the technology behind them. Familiarity with UE3 is a plus.
- Solid experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines on PC, Xbox 360 and/or PS3.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Diligence with individual and team tasks, schedule and adherence to budget limitations.
- Strong interest in computers or video games.
- Strong technical problem solving skills and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.