Lighting Artist - Returnship Program
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
In order to improve our recruitment process, please take some time to answer this short survey of 4 min maximum: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/6M75NNR. This survey is completely anonymous and no information allowing to identify you will be collected. Thank you very much for your help.
The Path Forward Returnship program at WB Games is a 6-month paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Lighting Artist to create visually compelling lighting and ambiances for both interior and exterior settings in an upcoming AAA title.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Art Direction, Environment leads, and Concept Artists. You will be responsible for the production and implementation of lighting and ambiances that uphold the aesthetic vision of the game and maintain the highest level of consistency and quality possible.
- Assist in the creation of all in game lighting and post process effects for the characters, environments, and cut scenes.
- Define processes for, and assist content generalists in, the first pass lighting procedures.
- Collaborate with tools and tech team to enhance lighting pipeline.
- Work with multiple art teams to assess and prioritize their requirements
- 3 years of experience in video game development.
- Have worked on at least 1 published game, is preferred.
- A 3D Arts degree is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with real-time rendering engines
- Excellent understanding of color, space, mood, materials, and the properties of light.
- Good understanding of lighting systems and post processing effects.
- Ability to integrate the creative and technical lighting processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your artistic lighting skills.
- Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment