Network and Systems Administrator
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has grown to more than 300 employees and continues to recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A video games.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Network and Systems Administrator.
The Network and Systems Administrator will be responsible for 3rd line support to the Montreal Studio, acting as a mentor and leader to the 1st and 2nd line support teams. Reporting directly to the Manager of IT –Infrastructure and Systems, he/she will be expected to be a highly self-motivated individual with an in-depth understanding of IP routing/switching, firewalls (Cisco, HP and PAN based products), LAN/WAN architecture, security (Intrusion Prevention), Microsoft and Linux networking and services, Active Directory and Server infrastructure builds. Being responsible as part of a team for the day to day support of the Montreal Studio this individual will be expected to work within a fast running and dynamic team of IT people supporting a mixture of highly technically skilled individuals and a dynamic team of Development studio users.
- Provide a high quality 3rd line support service focusing on Microsoft and Linux networked services, IP routing, switching and firewalls (layer 1 through 7), LAN/WAN architecture, Switch management and Server builds.
- Work closely within the IT team to implement and support new technologies.
- Maintain, administer the current network infrastructure.
- Provide and maintain updated documentation for all systems supported.
- Work closely with IT at remote studios to maintain standards and improve integration.
- Participate as subject matter expert in global/local initiatives concerning network infrastructure.
- As a member of the IT team this individual will be expected to deliver a high level of Technical service to the Montreal Studio. This individual will be expected to work closely within the IT team to help bring a high level of support by keeping within the standards and service levels set by the IT Group.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Qualified to a degree level
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an IT environment
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as network administrator, in a Cisco/HP/PAN LAN/WAN environment
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a Microsoft Windows OS (including Windows 2012R2/2016/2019 servers, Office 365 and SQL server) and Linux (RH and CentOS 6+) environments.
- Proven ability to support networks, implement new technologies and carry out 3rd line support.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of SaaS, IaaS, with AWS, Azure, etc.
- An understanding of and an interest in emerging technologies and industry standards.
- Management of a NAS or SAN solution.
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE switching/routing qualification
- Cisco proficient. (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE).
- An excellent knowledge of IP networking- routing/switching.
- Experience of managing and administering switches and routers to a low level.
- SNMP monitoring, DHCP, DNS PKI, IPSEC, SSL, Active Directory.
- Internet troubleshooting.
- Remote access configuration using both hardware and software.
Nice to Have
- Advanced knowledge of Jira, Confluence and Crowd.
- Knowledge of NetApp storage appliances.
- Aruba WIFI
- Clearpass NAC
- Knowledge of Perforce or similar source control solution
- Certificate management
- Working knowledge of security products for managing an IP network.
- Understanding VoIP and QOS.
- Automation and scripting VCP, PAN
- Microsoft certified MCSE/MCITP
Willing to work outside of the standard working hours. Must be able to integrate with the US team when required to work out of hours
You must have excellent customer service skills, proven leadership skills, be a team player, be motivated, responsible, dynamic, and punctual, enjoy solving problems, fast learner, excellent trouble-shooter, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.