Technical Production Coordinator
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montréal, a division on WB Games Inc., seeks a Technical Production Coordinator to work with a game development team on a major new project. Production Coordinators are responsible for supporting the Production department with a variety of coordination tasks including maintaining project plans, and documentation, tracking deliverables, and follow-up. For this particular position, we are looking for someone with a background in (or a strong inclination toward) technical matters.
- Work with development team to understand artistic, technical and design requirements, and the established development pipeline.
- Work with a variety of outsourcing partners to ensure fast propagation of critical information, track dependencies and help solve blockers.
- Assist the team’s management with facilitating the planning, structure, and coordination of the team’s production processes and ensure that established processes are followed.
- Coordinate execution and create all production-related documents including floor plans & seating organization, outsourcing, playtests, special features, as assigned.
- Actively monitor dependencies/bottlenecks within the team and work with the team’s management to resolve.
- Assist the team’s management in keeping the team’s project organization tools up to date (project organization flowcharts, scrum boards, timelines, etc.)
- Organize and run scrum meetings and other regular team check in.
- Provide clear reporting with internal and external groups as required.
- Be forward looking, communicate and work with the appropriate people to resolve any impediments for the team.
- Analyze and communicate team progress, achievement and velocity. Flag areas where results weren’t delivered and suggest mitigation.
- Responsible for putting together documentation packages required for milestone deliveries and for the approval & certification processes with first parties.
- Update team’s project management documents with developments and changes in priorities and objectives.
- Act as note taker for assigned meetings associated with the Production and make sure they are communicated to all relevant members of the team
- Support the team in using the best practice methodologies and ensure that the status is constantly up-to-date and reflects reality of the team.
- Assist the team’s management planning based on the priorities set by the Milestone Planning process.
- Provide clear and constructive feedback about team members performance during quarterly review process.
- 2+ years working in software development, or equivalent experience, in a coordination or team support role.
- Experience in the game development or related industry preferred.
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of various project management techniques required.
- Results oriented with sense of prioritization. Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive in a frequently changing work environment.
- Proactive with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Jira, Microsoft Office.
- Good knowledge of Perforce and Confluence a clear plus.
- An understanding of both console and PC development preferred.
- Passion for games.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Associate’s degree or better preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
- Scrum master certification a clear plus