About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montréal, a division on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a QA Programmer. The QA Software Developer creates and maintains software systems which support the testing and development of blockbuster games released under the WB Games brand.
- Design and develop features for one of the most powerful videogame test automation systems.
- Support games being developed around the world, across multiple WB studios.
- Join a team of five developers, plus dedicated QA.
- Develop a variety of applications across architectural layers : UI, web and windows services, and database.
- Design and build automated / back-end solutions that communicate with latest consoles (PS4, XboxOne, Nintendo Switch) for a multitude of game projects
- Develop web based and desktop UI/Dashboard and custom web services
- Contribute to the design and development of SQL Databases
- Work primarily in a Microsoft Ecosystem (Visual Studio, .NET, C#, C++, MVC, MSSQL)
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or similar game engines.
- Design, develop and maintain software systems and web services, including automated/back-end applications (75% of the time)
- Participate in Code Review with other members of the QA Development team and shares knowledge of best practices and coding standards (15% of the time)
- Document, communicate and train the QA staff or any other stakeholder on the tools developed (5% of the time)
- Perform other tasks needed to support the QA department (5% of the time)
- 4+ years video game and/or software development experience.
- 3+ years experience with C#.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in general and video-games in particular.
- Experience with development best practices such as source control, continuous integration, unit testing, design patterns and agile development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Solid background developing .NET applications (.NET 4.x +) in C# including distributed systems, windows services, client/server system, multithreaded systems.
- Working knowledge on front-end technology (ASP.Net MVC, Entity Framework, HTML5/CSS3, WPF).
- Knowledge of SQL Database design and implementation.
- Ability to design and write efficient and robust distributed back-end applications used on an automated system.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of video game development industry.
Nice To Have
- Experience developing automated / back-end solutions.
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Unreal engine / scripting.
- Experience developing/testing for Xbox or Sony AAA titles
- Technologies/Platforms – Web services, SOAP, XML, JQUERY, JSON, RESTFul interfaces, scripting langage (PowerShell, Batch, Python)
- Usage of source control repository (Perforce).
- Knowledge of the different test tools of the market (Jira).