QA Analyst, Competitive Integrity
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
Reporting directly within the QA Certification Team, the successful candidate will primarily focus on finding, replicating and exploring exploits for online connected titles. The intent of this role is to support development teams with the goal to ensure as fair a playing field as possible for our Customers. The role will also engage in measures to ensure protection of game economy mechanics. In addition, the role will perform datamining operations; ensuring the business is well prepared for data that can be exposed to players in major releases across the full range of WB Games titles.
- Work closely within the QA team to schedule test passes, understand & explore live exploits as they emerge, demonstrate areas of weakness before titles/updates are launched.
- Work closely with Developers at remote studios to identify and aid in resolution of game exploits or other related problems affecting titles in test or released into live environment.
- Design, develop & maintain a variety of tools to meet the needs of a fast-paced, evolving live game environment.
- Coach more junior team members from the QA Team in usage of tools designed to interfere with normal operation of our titles.
- Build Tools using industry standard APIs as necessary to test our titles
- 3+ years video game and/or software development experience
- 3+ years experience with Powershell, Python or other scripting language
- Experience developing/testing for Xbox, PC or PlayStation for AAA titles
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. in Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in general and video-games in particular.
- Experience with development best practices such as source control, continuous integration, unit testing, design patterns and agile development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Understanding of common networking protocols
- Experienced in usage of network capture tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler or WinPCap.
- Technologies/Platforms – Scripting languages, C++, or UE4 Blueprint modules/plugins
- Knowledge of Database design and implementation.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Soft skills: Excellent customer service skills, team player, motivated, responsible, dynamic, punctual, enjoy solving problems, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Nice To Have
- Advanced knowledge & experience using Cheatengine or other mod tools
- Experience specifically with UE4 Anti-cheat
- Experience in using datamining tools, decoding files, editing of config files
- Experience with speedrunner
- Proficient in Jira, Confluence
- Knowledge of titles built using Unreal Engine 4
- Usage of source control repository (Perforce, Github)