About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
In order to improve our recruitment process, please take some time to answer this short survey of 4 min maximum: surveymonkey.com/r/6M75NNR. This survey is completely anonymous and no information allowing to identify you will be collected. Thank you very much for your help.
WB Games Montréal, a division on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to oversee the QA portion of product development for multiple all current and future platforms.
As QA Manager, you will work closely with Producers, Supervisors, Leads, Testers, Programmers and other team members within the organization to create a complete test process for the products assigned to you. You will be responsible for the approved QA budgets and managing the relationships with external QA vendors. Hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and monitoring the activities of all QA employees under your responsibility will be core of your day-to-day activities.
- Under the supervision of the QA Director, oversee all functional QA activities, including the preparation of test plans, user stories, test cases, etc.
- Help develop QA policies by working closely with existing Product teams and QA team members and implement and enforce them across your assigned WB Games products.
- Hire and supervise the QA Leads and Testers under your responsibility and assess their performance as well as providing constructive feedback for on-going improvement
- Provide appropriate training to QA Leads and Testers by establishing QA employees training programs, mentorships, and provide career guidance.
- Participate in managing and enhancing the existing QA database process across all internal and external developers and help ensure all product databases are consistently maintained.
- Build solid partnerships with Production, including Publisher Producers, Internal Developer Producers, and other groups if applicable. Provide valuable and meaningful data and information to the internal and external partners to help launch products at the desired quality level.
- Oversee the creation of specific product test plans, test suites, test scenarios, and test strategies that span a product’s lifecycle covering art, design, and engineering quality assurance. Ensure coordination with Project Stakeholders to help bring games to a “releasable status”.
- Monitor assigned QA projects and conduct reviews involving your direct reports, Production and pertinent project partners.
- Manage external QA vendor relationships:
- Identifying and negotiating work contracts with external vendors for services related to the testing and validation of WB’s games
- Establish communication channels.
- Review the vendor’s performance and results of the working relationships to refine future processes.
- Support and improve the management of operating costs and quality goals for your products by actively making suggestions the Director of QA.
- 7+ years of software QA experience.
- 5+ years of QA leadership experience within the video games field.
- Experience with game console certifications Windows, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of MS Project paired with thorough hands-on experience with Jira, Confluence, EasyBI & TestRail.
- Excellent understanding of Mobile, PC and console game testing.
- Experience leveraging Automation, Analytics throughout Product Development.
- In-depth understanding of formal test and development processes.
- Experience with hiring and evaluating employees’ performance.
- Ability to create solid test plans and strategies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Mastery of French is a highly desired asset.
This Business Unit requires frequent in person presence at the Montreal office. Local candidates will be prioritized.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.