About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
In order to improve our recruitment process, please take some time to answer this short survey of 4 min maximum: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/6M75NNR. This survey is completely anonymous and no information allowing to identify you will be collected. Thank you very much for your help.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Quality Assurance Supervisor (QA).
As QA Supervisor you will be responsible for leading quality assurance activities for the WB project to which they are assigned, as well as maintaining operational and collaborative efforts with all other quality assurance entities (FQA, LQA, Live, Mobile, etc.), PD, and Developers. You must maintain and update testing processes to ensure optimum workflows. In this role you will work closely with the production team, the development team, and the QA Managers and Leads to create a complete testing process.
- Manages day-to-day activity in the issue tracking database, including routing issues, providing feedback to Leads on the quality of their bug write-ups, anticipating usage issues and making recommendations for inclusions/updates to the database administrator, and performing end-of project triage.
- Communicates with development, production, and partner teams to provide timely and accurate updates related to the projects and immediately escalates critical issues to appropriate stakeholders. Provides feedback to production and development on the state of the game via issues reported in bug-tracking software, timely project status updates, and via e-mail and face to-face interactions.
- Bring a high level of support, by keeping within the standards and service levels required by QA and its partners. Proactively identify problem areas, develop, maintain, and facilitate best practices, processes, and methodologies to ensure high productivity and alignment with corporate strategy and goals.
- Provides operational support and guidance in preparing, tracking and execution of testing plans across each title.
- Provide regular reports and action items based on analysis of data and ongoing risk assessments.
- Participates in staffing plans.
- Works with QA Manager and Leads to manage customer relationships with WBIE PD, Developers and Partners as needed.
- Monitors team hours and efforts, adjusts schedules, and plans to minimize the accrual of compensatory time, as well as mentor and evaluate performance of QA Leads, Sr QAA and QAA team members assigned to titles on his franchise.
- Contributes to the ongoing effort to refine and maintain processes, policies and procedures related to the QA effort on all games within WB Games.
- Performs other tasks at the discretion of the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Minimum of five years video game testing experience.
- Minimum of three years leading teams of testers.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrably strong familiarity with QA processes and procedures.
- Responsible and proactive stakeholder for teams and products.
- Proven experience in risk management and mitigation across large scale projects.
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and motivating large teams.
- Process oriented, Organized, flexible, and a high tolerance for stress.
- Solid PC skills, including ability to use SDK/Debug tools from platform manufacturers.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of project management and testing tools such as MS Project, Hansoft, JIRA etc.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle within the video games industry
- In depth understanding of formal test and development processes
- Ability to create solid test plans and strategies.
- Ability to effectively identify, escalate, or resolve project issues or bottlenecks.
- Talented evaluator of root cause issues and potential solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with all disciplines at all levels