QA Lead, Nintendo Certification
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead, Nintendo Certification.
As the Quality Assurance (QA) Lead, certification you will be responsible for leading the quality assurance activities for individual projects that are assigned to you. You will work closely with the production team, development team, peers and testers to create a complete testing process.
In addition, you be taking a mentor role as part of QA leadership, as you will be, stewarding, and supervising the QA analysts and testers assigned to your project.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of project test cases, test suites, test schedule, and other documentation needed for the successful testing of our games
- In charge of planning and driving the Nintendo Certification efforts on our various projects. This includes, but is not limited to, resource planning, working closely with FQA, Development teams and the Compatibility vendor to ensure the test are properly focused and adapted to the project state and report the results and voice the concerns to each concerned party.
- Communicates with development and production teams to provide timely and accurate updates related to the project and immediately escalates critical issues to appropriate stakeholders. Provides feedback to production and development on the state of the game via issues reported in bug-tracking software, timely project status updates, and via e-mail and face-to-face interactions.
- Minimum of five years video game testing experience.
- Minimum of one-year leading teams of testers either formally or informally.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience, college degree preferred
- Demonstrably strong familiarity with QA processes and procedures
- Strong familiarity with the Nintendo Guidelines Requirements
- Firm understanding of the Nintendo Hardware trends and ecosystem.
- Proven experience in leading small to large groups of testers
- Solid PC skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office products, bug tracking software, and SDK/Debug tools from platform manufacturers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Is detail focused
- Knowledge of video game development industry