Senior Gameplay Programmer
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Gameplay Programmer to work closely with the designers and the Gameplay Lead Programmer to design, explore, and implement various gameplay systems.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other programmers to create a great player experience.
- Collaborate with members of the team to build sustainable, performant and maintainable technologies and code.
- Play an active role in supporting the game, addressing both low level and high-level issues.
- Act as a mentor with the lesser experienced team members.
- 6+ years of experience in game development.
- Have worked on at least one AAA title for consoles that has been published.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a relevant discipline is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to communicate with designers.
- Fluent in C++.
- Strong mathematics skills (linear algebra and trigonometry).
- Proven ability to design and implement features related to 3Cs and/or gameplay support systems.
- Strong grasp of the multi-threaded programming paradigms.
- Having worked previously with Unreal Engine and Multiplayer architecture is a plus.