Tools Programmer, Pipeline
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Tools Programmer, Pipeline to work on the Content Pipeline Tools team, a centralize tools team serving content creators.
As a Tools Programmer, you will help improve the current tools in and out of the supported DCC(s) for our content creation team. To succeed in this role, you should have a passion for constantly exploring and mastering new areas of asset generation, automation, and tracking.
- Participate in the design and implementation of WB Games Montreal's asset generation pipeline.
- Support production workflows, third-party application plug-ins (3DSMax, Maya, source control, etc.), and productivity tools (compilation, build process, etc.)
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving tools / pipeline related issues.
- Support art teams with production issues and produce generalized solutions.
- 3 to 5 years of technical experience within the video games field.
- Experience making tools for video game production(s).
- Collegial degree or bachelor’s degree in computer science or another relevant field.
- Good practical knowledge of C#, Python and C++
- Desire to learn new languages and APIs when integrating new technologies.
- Ability to design, program and optimize code in different languages in existing or new systems.
- Good Knowledge of Git, Perforce and REST frameworks in general.
- Able to work closely with artists and producers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative asset generation, tracking systems and game features.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- A passion for art tools and working with artists in general.