Lead Systems Programmer
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Lead Systems programmer to work with its game development team responsible for expanding WB Games Montreal’s properties in the interactive space.
In this role you will manage a group of programmers to develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform systems and tools, such as: streaming, data cooking and patching, physics, online, and various other mid and low-level systems. Coordinate and schedule support to other departments to ensure smooth debugging of issues. You will also be responsible for work prioritization, roadmaps working with production, and to ensure that the team understands and meets expectations for assigned tasks within the established timelines. You will play a key role in resolving problems or issues impacting your team and the projects.
- Manage a group of programmers in the development of new systems, features, and tools in addition to leveraging newest technologies while maintaining a stable code base.
- Work closely with directors, leads of other departments, and production to develop the programming schedules and systems.
- Participate in the recruitment of new members of the system programming team.
- 7+ years of software development experience in the game industry, ideally in engine team.
- Have participated in the delivery of at least 2 AAA game titles.
- Have significant experience in managing development teams.
- B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent, is an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experience with coordinating, mentoring, and building a cohesive programming team.
- Experience in ensuring best coding practices.
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development.
- Experience with Unreal game engine 4/5, is a plus
- Excellent organization and writing skills. Bilingualism English/French is strongly desired.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- Ability to collaborate with programmers and content creators in an open, team environment.