Senior Concept Artist, Characters
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Concept Artist, Characters to create a wide range of conceptual content (characters, weapons, gear upgrades, marketing art) to inspire and communicate the visual direction of an upcoming AAA console title.
You will work closely with the Art Directors, Character Artists and Lead Character Artists and help define and uphold the aesthetic vision of the game while maintaining the highest level of consistency and quality.
- Understand the project's creative vision
- Contribute to overall art direction and bring new ideas.
- Craft visually inspiring, high-fidelity concepts that set the quality bar for the team.
- Concept art creation
- Collaboration/communication with the production team.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in video game development and at least 1 published AAA game.
- An excellent artistic sense
- Advanced Photoshop expertise
- Must demonstrate an ability to work within a broad variety of styles and genres
- Strong background in traditional art skills
- Knowledge of art history and contemporary culture
- Some familiarity with 3D art and combining 2D and 3D techniques (e.g. zbrush), a plus.
- A fashion awareness including the balancing of proportions, shapes, and materials
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and proportions is a plus for environment concept artist
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills
- Strong communication/collaboration skills
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work iteratively
- Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals
- Knowledge of and passion for video games