Senior Rendering Programmer
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Rendering Programmer to work on core rendering technology for its newest games. As a programmer in the rendering team, you will help us further extend and innovate key visual technology for our games. You will also potentially contribute and interact with a wide variety of technologies and Unreal Engine 5, including memory management, optimization, tools, multithreading and more.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to build innovative graphics technology for current-generation platforms. We also want passionate, creative, communicative, and committed people with a strong desire to explore and master new areas of real-time rendering. We also encourage our employees to be involved and driven, and in return we provide great individual freedom and autonomy, and true influence.
- In collaboration with artists, research, and design you will be responsible for implementing, optimizing and maintaining rendering features.
- For optimizing systems: CPU, GPU, framerate, memory usage and load-times
- Working with content creators to help refine their workflows
- Identify problems and create solutions
- 7+ years game industry or related programming experience.
- B.S. in computer science, or another relevant field.
- Excellent C/C++ understanding and skills, with the ability to write highly efficient and optimized code.
- Strong knowledge of several real-time rendering topics (lighting, shading, shadows, global illumination, post-processing, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of PC, PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox development.
- Knowledge of Graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, Consoles) and Graphics Pipelines.
- Experience researching, developing & optimizing rendering techniques & systems on multiple platforms.
- Technical demo or publication(s) are a plus.
- Experience with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, streaming, rendering, animation, editors, build tools, and more.
- Must be able to work closely with artists and other programmers to develop compelling. technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
- Great ability to quickly debug problems and identify solutions.