Senior Systems Programmer
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), is looking for a Senior Systems Programmer to join our development team responsible for a AAA game aimed at consoles and PC.
As part of your duties, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and optimizing cross-platform systems, which may affect memory management, I/O, creation of distribution packages, animation, physics, and various other low-level systems.
- Develop and maintain low-level systems and tools.
- Profile and optimize various game systems, whether low-level, animation, gameplay, audio or other.
- Integrate third party libraries
- Develop and maintain debugging tools
- Communicate with content creators to establish requirements and determine required enhancements.
- 5+ years of software development experience in the gaming industry.
- Development experience with the latest generation consoles (Xbox/PS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or another relevant field.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience programming large-scale console games through all stages of the lifecycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Experience in memory management, multithreading, and cross-platform development.
- Experience designing and debugging large systems.
- Experience in the use of profiling tools and optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of the Unreal 4/5 engine is an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Strong architectural and program design skills.