QA Analyst, Networking
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a creative & imaginative individual with a Software Development and Network background to join our team as a QA Analyst, Networking..
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring networking reliability of our products using emulation tools and hardware. You will be analyzing, investigating, and informing Development and Production teams regarding exploits and vulnerabilities across a range of titles published by WB Games.
Reporting within the QA Certification Team, you will drive the team’s focus across multiple products and communicate the findings that the team uncovers. The intent of this role is to support development teams with the goal to ensure a reliable playing field for our customers.
*** This job requires a presence at our offices. The job will only be offered to people established in the greater Montreal area who have the legal right to work in Canada ***
- Identify and potentially propose solutions to network-related performance issues.
- Create an approach to concurrently test multiple different network related experiences.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of project test cases, test suites, test schedules, and other documentation needed for the successful testing of our games.
- Communicates with the development and production teams to provide timely and accurate updates and promptly escalates critical issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provides feedback to production and development on the state of the game via issues reported in bug-tracking software, project status reports and other company communications tools.
- Manages day-to-day activity in the issue tracking database, including routing issues, providing feedback to other testers on the quality of their bug write-ups, anticipating usage issues and making recommendations for inclusions and updates to the database administrator, and performing end-of-project triage.
- Contributes to the ongoing effort to refine and maintain processes, policies and procedures related to the QA effort on all games within WB Games.
- 3+ years of video game testing experience.
- 1+ year of experience of code scripting experience.
- Experience in development of video game test plans.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or another relevant field.
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python and UE4 Blueprint modules/plugins. Knowledge of C++ is a plus.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in general and video games.
- Experience with development best practices such as source control (Perforce), continuous integration, unit testing, design patterns and agile development methodologies (Agile/Scrum using the Atlassian suite Jira and Confluence).
- Understanding of common networking protocols. Knowledge of iTrinegy network emulation, is a desired asset.
- Experienced in usage of network capture tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler or WinPCap.
- Understanding of Latency, Packet handling,
- Knowledge of Database design and implementation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoying problem solving, working as a team and be client oriented.