Lead Character Artist
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montreal Studio, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) is looking for a talented Lead Character Artist for his new and up and coming AAA games productions.
In this role, you will have the chance to collaborate on multiples exciting new projects while working on different brands, creative visions, and technical mandates.
You will be able demonstrate your exceptional teambuilding skills, mentor, and supervise the day-to-day execution of our character art group so we can meet our deadlines on time and quality.
As our gate keeper for the character art team, you will be playing a key role into the production pipelines, tools development and our overall character development strategic decisions.
You will be reporting directly to the Associate Character Art Director from a creative and management standpoint so we can, as a team deliver the vision of the game.
- Manage of all character artists of the studio; must be able to provide guidance, empathic feedback and strive for a positive workspace environment.
- Responsible of the day-today execution of the character 3D art team.
- Collaborate with all departments on creative solutions to solve complex character pipeline problems and accomplish the strategic goals of the project.
- Perforce game assets management owner.
- Pipeline documentation owner for pipelines and workflows.
- Art direction review key contributor.
- Project point of contact for character production needs.
- Trouble shooter leader, ability to anticipate production issues, raise flags and provide proactive solutions.
- Co-lead with the directors our quality benchmark targets and ou R&D initiatives.
- Help build a great character art team by staffing it with 3D character artists who would thrive on our team and at the company at large.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in video game development.
- Have worked from preconception to shipping on at least 2 AAA games.
- Ability to adapt to, and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong organic modelling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures)
- Strong hard surface modelling skills (armour, weapons)
- Very good knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, big plus if bilingual (French).
- Ability to mentor peers.
- Must have experience with Unreal Engine.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills.