Advanced Gameplay Programmer
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), is looking for an Advanced Gameplay Programmer to develop, maintain and optimize the software architecture of our games, for everything related to the player experience to design AAA titles based on the DC Comics universe among others.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the technical strategy.
- Make the technological watch of new techniques in the field of video games.
- Oversee the design, development, and delivery of player experience features.
- Mentor the team to ensure the quality of the systems.
- Review and approve the work of internal staff and external resources to ensure it meets quality expectations and is consistent with the overall direction of the project.
- Interact with management and peers regarding project goals, progress, and milestones.
- Having a clear vision of how the system should work and the ability to implement that vision.
- Contribute, share, and apply best practices.
- 8+ years of programming experience with C/C++, in the video game industry or in a related field.
- Significant experience in the technical management of a development team.
- Development experiences on Sony and Microsoft consoles.
- Having delivered a game with a multi-player aspect will be considered a strong asset.
- Master's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience in software architecture.
- Solid experience in interactive systems for the player experience.
- Knowledge of network replication and synchronization.
- Knowledge of physics applied to games.
- Experience with programming in a large-scale gaming environment.
- Knowledge of the complete video game development life cycle, including prototyping, production, and delivery of the final product.
- In-depth mathematical knowledge.
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine game engine.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Desire to create and maintain high-performance software at the cutting edge of technology.
- Results oriented, strong problem-solving skills.
- Be motivated and able to work well with content creators in a multidisciplinary environment.