Advanced Programmer, QA Tools
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About Monolith Productions
For the past 25 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Join the Wonder Woman team and help bring an iconic DC Superhero to life!
Monolith Productions, the award-winning AAA studio who brought you F.E.A.R. and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, seeks a seeks anAdvanced Programmer, QA Tools to join the programming team leading our efforts in creating automated testing tools, frameworks, and test suites.
Your New Role…
In this role you will be responsible for improving the test capabilities of both our internal and external QA teams through automated tools and systems. To succeed in this position, you will need a deep appreciation and understanding of the needs of QA, particularly in how they relate to the unique aspects of each game. To achieve this, you will work closely with other programmers and the content teams to gain understanding of how systems are implemented and more importantly, how they should be tested.
Day-to-day you will work closely with our QA, and Production teams to improve the test coverage of our game systems. Among your tasks, you will implement test plans, ensure the creation of scripts for automations and you will also share the responsibility of maintaining the stability of the build-system stability.
This role is open only to people residing and having the legal right to work in Canada.
This position can be remote from home, on-site or hybrid from the WB Games Montreal studio.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Improve, strengthen, and utilize our existing automated framework to enhance testing capabilities of game features, validate design and art content, and monitor game performance and memory usage.
- Review game source code to identify potential areas of QA focus.
- Working with QA leadership on identifying areas of QA complexity and offering solutions to mitigate said complexity.
- Along with other programmers and content teams, implement test cases relevant to the project.
Qualifications & Experience…
- 7+ years of professional of programming experience.
- At least 3 of those years provided you an experience supporting QA.
- At least 5 of those years provided you an experience with C/C++
- Good knowledge of scripting such as Python or PowerShell (preferred)
- Experience creating reports working with SQL (preferred)
- Experience working with distributed build systems (preferred)
- Experience with development with gaming consoles (preferred)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with programming, content creation, and QA teams to develop robust testing tools.
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both programmers and non-technical people alike.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with the associated teams and managers.