Senior Programmer, Graphics
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
Join the Wonder Woman team and help bring an iconic DC Superhero to life!
Monolith Productions, the award-winning AAA studio who brought you F.E.A.R. and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Productions is currently seeking a Senior Graphics Programmer with expertise in lighting techniques!
Work with our artists to create a beautifully lit world in Monolith’s proprietary Firebird engine and help determine the future of our rendering technology for this and all future games to come.
This role is open only to people residing and having the legal right to work in Canada.
This position can be remote from home, on-site or hybrid from the WB Games Montreal studio.
- Implement advanced lighting techniques within our custom engine.
- Program and debug other graphics features (both shaders and C++).
- Collaborate with artists on major graphical features of our game.
- Profile and optimize problems related to load times, memory, and CPU usage.
- 6+ years of professional experience in C++.
Skills & Knowledge
- Solid understanding of bidirectional reflectance distribution functions (BRDF) used in physically based rendering (PBR)
- Experience with dynamic global illumination solutions
- Proficiency with shader languages and graphics APIs
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with game console graphics APIs
- Advanced calculus skills
- Up-to-date on latest graphical techniques via GDC, Siggraph, etc.
- Experience helping maintain a live software product or game.