External Development Artist, Level Art
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) is looking for an External Development Artist, Level Art for our AAA game production projects.
Your New Role…
In this role you first mandate amongst us will be to work closely with our team and support the Monolith Productions team on their announced Wonder Woman game!
As such, you will specialize in providing support between our internal Level Art team and our external network of global developers for the creation of props, architecture, and natural assets.
Under the guidance of the Art Leadership using your art skills and organizational talents you will assist in the feedback cycles to confer best practices and ensure timely deliveries. As such, you will be responsible to review the geometry of organic and inorganic game assets produced by our outsourcing partners to ensure all environmental assets are of the highest quality and conform to the specifications required.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Concept and reference analysis/breakdowns, asset planning, and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Asset editing, revisions, and integration for 3d models and materials into our asset banks.
- Provide support to a leader or senior team member in communication with our external vendors (outsourcer studios) to share feedback on guidelines and expectations of the received assets.
- Task creation in Jira, organization of workflows, follow-up and liaise with the internal team.
Qualifications & Experience…
- 3 to 5 years of experience working on a AAA game development project.
- Experience with Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Good organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions.
- Good visual and verbal communication skills and a desire collaborate with diverse talent from across the globe.
- Adaptability and problem solving minded to ensure the content is delivered bug free and on time.
- Experience with JIRA task workflows (or equivalent project management software).
- Availability to support our global partners in different time zones occasionally out for the regular work hours.
- Prior Experience working with a network of vendors or having a strong interest in learning and pursuing in this discipline path.