Senior Gameplay AI Programmer
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is allowed, even when our offices will reopen. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Gameplay AI Programmer to work with its game development team responsible for a new AAA title.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance and optimization of AI cross-platform and algorithms, including the behavior of non-player characters and navigation in the game.
- Design, develop, maintain, and debug effective AI systems (70% of the time).
- Collaborate with the programming, gameplay, and level design team to integrate and use the developed systems (20% of the time).
- Gather all game design and level design requirements and needs to document systems.
- 6+ years of experience in software development within the gaming industry in an equivalent position.
- Development experience for consoles (Xbox / PlayStation).
- 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant discipline.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in multithreading programming.
- Advanced AI experience in gaming.
- Experience with algorithms and path finding techniques.
- Experience with non-player character behavior systems.
- Experience in large-scale programming for game consoles, at all stages of the production cycle including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Knowledge of 3D mathematics.
- Experience in architecture and debugging of robust systems or large-scale applications.
- Knowledge of the UE4 machine is considered an asset.