Senior Animation Programmer
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is allowed, even when our offices will reopen. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located on Canada only.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Gameplay Animation Programmer to work with its game development team responsible for a new AAA title.
In this role, you will design, develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform Gameplay systems and algorithms with specific 3Cs/Animation components, examples of which include NPC behaviors, character controllers, IK, facial animation.
- Design, develop, maintain, and debug gameplay and animation systems
- Work with gameplay engineers, game designers and tech animators to integrate and use the developed systems
- Gather requirements from game and level designers and document the systems
- Identify and implement Gameplay/Animation systems and algorithms
- 6+ years of software development experience in the game industry.
- 6+ years of experience with C/C++.
- Experience developing for consoles (Xbox / PlayStation)
- Experience with advanced animation techs (FK/IK, animation graphs, powered ragdolls, …)
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, is a plus
- Procedural animation experience, is a plus
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of 3D maths
- Good grasp of animation techs
- Good grasp of gameplay systems (AI, pathfinding, character controllers, etc)
- Good grasp of multithreading challenges
- Good communication skills.
- Experience debugging large systems.
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life cycle