Senior Financial Analyst
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montréal seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Finance Team!
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Finance, the analyst will lead the finance team in financial planning and analysis and month end activities.
The analyst will act as finance business partner to the studio’s producers and department managers and directors. The analyst will participate in the preparation of development budgets, the annual operating budget, monthly forecasts, month-end activities, government tax credit claims and financial reporting. The analyst will be responsible for budget monitoring, preparation of variance reports and analysis. The analyst will also supervise the operational activities of the business unit including coding invoices, creating PO’s, and other related operational services. The analyst will also be participating in and leading projects to improve processes and efficiency and optimize resources within the finance group and throughout the studio.
- Lead a broad range of activities related to the preparation and submission of the annual operating budget and monthly forecasts, including data modelling, entry, and validation.
- Lead monthly closing activities including accruals, cost allocations and maintain prepaid and depreciation schedules.
- Act as finance business partner to producers, directors and other stakeholders.
- Identify, design and implement improvements to financial models and processes.
- Prepare schedules and supporting documents for tax credits claims and governmental audits
- Prepare other ad hoc analyses, reports and special projects as required by the Senior Manager, Finance.
- At least 3 years of experience required.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- CPA certification is an asset
- Curiosity, motivation and the will to make a difference
- Dedicated team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- General knowledge of accounting principles.
- Process-driven, and constantly looking for ways to improve operational efficiency.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in French and English.
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Experience with VBA, Power Query, Power BI and SAP is an asset.
- Experience in governmental subsidy program administration is an asset.
- Knowledge of the video games industry is an asset.