Senior Gameplay/Animation Programmer
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Gameplay/Animation Programmer to work with its game development team responsible for a new IP, AAA title.
As a Senior Gameplay/Animation programmer, this individual will design, develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform Gameplay systems and algorithms with specific 3Cs/Animation components, examples of which include: NPC behaviors, character controllers, IK, facial animation.
- Design, develop, maintain and debug efficient Gameplay/animation systems
- Work with gameplay engineers, game designers and tech animators to integrate and use the developed systems
- Gather requirements from game and level designers and document the systems
- Identify and implement efficient Gameplay/Animation systems and algorithms
- 3-5 years of software development experience in the game industry.
- 6+ years of experience with C/C++.
- Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4
- Experience with advanced animation techs (FK/IK, animation graphs, powered ragdolls, …)
- Relevant experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Procedural animation experience is a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of 3D maths
- Good grasp of animation techs
- Good grasp of gameplay systems (AI, pathfinding, character controllers, etc)
- Good grasp of multithreading challenges
- Good communication skills.
- Experience debugging large systems.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- Strong code architecture and design skills.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment