Senior Gameplay Programmer 3C
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Gameplay Programmer 3C to work closely with designers and the Gameplay Lead to design, explore, and implement various gameplay systems.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to create a great player experience.
- Collaborate with members of the team to build sustainable, performant and maintainable technologies and code.
- Play an active role in supporting the game, addressing both low level and high level issues.
Work Experience Requirements
- 6+ years of experience in game development.
- Fluent in C++.
- Strong mathematics skills (linear algebra and trigonometry).
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI/pathing, user interface or online networking.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming paradigms.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Multiplayer architecture is a plus.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Willing and able to provide mentorship for junior engineers.
- Ability to communicate with designers.