Senior Gameplay VFX Artist
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Game Montreal is seeking a talented Senior Gameplay VFX Artist to create stunning visual effects to surprise and delight our players. Working closely with feature teams, the successful candidate will design and create effects that will take the game experience to another level.
- Work with Art Director and feature teams to elevate the game experience by designing and creating real-time particle effects across the scope of the game.
- Develop creative direction regarding VFX techniques and style to maintain consistency throughout the user experience.
- Work with multiple feature teams to assess and prioritize their requirements
- Collaborate with tools and tech team to enhance VFX pipeline Work
- 5+ years of creating VFX for Online, console or PC games. Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- BS in Fine Arts, Certificate in Art/Animation, or relevant work experience.
- Understanding of hardware constraints and mastery of techniques to transcend them.
- Mastery of Unreal Engine, 3D Max or Maya, Photoshop, and related software packages.
- Active interest in advancement of VFX trends and techniques.
- Working knowledge of shader technology.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies
- Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Portfolio demonstrating experience and abilities