Senior Level Artist
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Level Artist to work closely with the lead artist and other members of the environment team to create high quality environment art and/or props. This is an individual contributor position that creates and refines art assets for assigned aspects of products, and may also assist the lead in defining process and pipelines along with aesthetic goals.
- Create any required hard surface or organic environment models and texturing at a high level of quality while uphold the art direction defined by the Art Director.
- Assist / collaborate with their lead environment artist in the creation of the levels.
- Be able to identify level design / art design problems that may affect level production and provide constructive solutions.
- Work with the team to define best practices and workflows and production pipelines.
- Optimize and debug level.
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 5+ years of experience in video game development.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of 2-year 2D/3D art degree with an emphasis in art creation or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Knowledge of and passion for video games.
- Must be proficient in 3D Studio Max and Unreal Engine.
- Proficiency with Zbrush is a plus.
- Ability to create shaders is a plus.
- Experience in developing first/third person action or combat/melee fighting games a plus.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills
- Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, resourceful problem-solver
- An excellent artistic sense