Senior Rendering Programmer
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montréal, seeks a Senior Rendering Programmer to work on core rendering technology for its newest games. As a programmer in the rendering team, you will help us further extend and innovate key visual technology for our games. You will also potentially contribute and interact with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, optimization, tools, multithreading and more.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to build innovative graphics technology for current-generation platforms. We also want passionate, creative, communicative and committed people with a strong desire to explore and master new areas of real-time rendering. We also encourage our employees to be involved and driven, and in return we provide great individual freedom and autonomy, and true influence.
- In collaboration with artists, research and design you will be responsible for implementing, optimizing and maintaining rendering features.
- For optimizing systems: CPU, GPU, framerate, memory usage and load-times
- Working with content creators to help refine their workflows
- Identify problems and create solutions
Work Experience Requirements
- 7+ years game industry or related programming experience.
- Strong knowledge of several real-time rendering topics (lighting, shading, shadows, global illumination, post-processing, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of PC, SONY Playstation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One development.
- Knowledge of Graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, Consoles) and Graphics Pipelines
- Experience researching, developing & optimizing rendering techniques & systems on multiple platforms
- Technical demo or publication(s) are a plus.
- Experience with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, streaming, rendering, animation, editors, build tools, and more.
- Must be able to work closely with artists and other programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
- Ability to architect, program and optimize C/C++ in existing or new systems, and with a focus on one or more game related specialties.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or other relevant field.
- Excellent C/C++ understanding and skills, with the ability to write highly efficient and optimized code.
- Great ability to quickly debug problems and identify solutions
- Extensive experience working on AAA console titles.
- A passion for video games.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.