Senior Technical Level Designer
About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
In order to improve our recruitment process, please take some time to answer this short survey of 4 min maximum: surveymonkey.com/r/6M75NNR. This survey is completely anonymous and no information allowing us to identify you will be collected. Thank you very much for your help.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Technical Level Designer to join its team.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the creation of levels by focusing on technical game systems, encounters with AI and their configuration. Using visual coding you will also create unique events and help us improve our creative pipeline.
- Use industry standard 3D packages as well as proprietary WB tools to create technical setups for our game functionalities.
- Work with the Lead Level Designer and programmers to design, implement and maintain game objects, systems, and NPCs.
- Collaborate closely across disciplines to develop and refine the game, tools, and engine features.
- Use feedback and insights provided by Development Quality Assurance and the play-testers to identify and resolve gameplay, level design issues, and monitor for expected performance.
- Implement and troubleshoot design revisions throughout the development process to ensure design integrity.
- Participate in departmental meetings to share your ideas to improve the pipeline and define better the look and feel of the game.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role with emphasis on Technical Design for Level building.
- Collegial degree in a relevant disciple is preferred but not required.
- Solid understanding of 3D engines and visual scripting. Having experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprints is a definite plus.
- Great communication skills, collaborative mindset, and good organizational skills.
- Familiarity with 3D Studio Max.
- Coding/Programming background is a definite plus but not required.