About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Programmer (Systems) to work with its game development team responsible for a AAA title.
As a Programmer (Systems), this individual will develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform run-time systems, examples of which include: streaming, animation, physics, and various other low-level systems
- Develop, maintain and debug efficient run-time systems
- Profile and optimize existing run-time systems and memory systems
- Integrate low level libraries and external code
- Develop and maintain debugging and profiling tools
- Communicate with content creators to gather requirements and identify needed improvements
Work Experience Requirements
- 5-8 years of software development experience in the game industry.
- Experience developing for Xbox360 or PS3 or Xbox One or PS4 (preferably all)
- 5+ years’ experience with C/C++.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development
- Experience architecting and debugging large robust systems.
- Experience with profiling tools and optimization techniques.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Working knowledge of 3D math
- Familiarity with UE4 engine a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- Strong code architecture and design skills.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment