About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is allowed, even when our offices will reopen. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located on Canada only.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Technical Artist to work on all content-related technical decisions for on our current gen console game. This can include visual R&D, performance monitoring, material creation, standard setting, as well as process and pipeline issues.
In this role, your principal mission will be to own the creation and maintenance our shaders, optimize the visual quality while maintaining a smooth performance. As a Technical Artist, you will also act as a liaison between Engineering and the content creators. You help us will to evaluate new technologies, supervise and monitor the development of pipelines and workflow and work with all disciplines to ensure that the Art team has the tools required to maintain optimum delivery of outstanding assets within technical limitations, solving technical problems when required.
- Evaluate new technologies by working closely with the Gameplay Tech team, Character teams and with other technical leadership groups.
- Create and improve shaders.
- Design content workflows to empower artists to build high-quality graphics assets
- Generate and maintain pipeline and processes for better cross-discipline collaboration.
- Evaluate and maintain game performance and Budgets.
- Be the first line of defense on the content side when a technical problem arises and work with Artists and Leads to ensure their work meets technical requirements.
- Generate visual and technical targets by working closely with Graphics and Engine Engineers to ensure that the technology is serving Art requirements.
- Serve as a mentor for junior talent to grow in the Technical Art Domain.
- 4+ years of progressively complex game industry art experience in a technical position
- Have shipped at least one AAA title on consoles.
- College Diploma or bachelor’s degree in 3D Graphic Arts or Computer Science related or in Video Game Development or any other equivalent training and experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of scripting for DCC, UE4 and Shader (CGFX, HLSL) or similar required.
- Must be familiar with one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3DMax, Zbrush, Houdini, etc.).
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines
- Knowledge of C++ for coding shaders and/or Python/Mel/Maxscript coding for DCC tools is a desired asset.
- A Strong understanding of modern 3D engines and the technology behind them (PBR, BRDF), familiarity with UE4 is preferred.
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and work pipeline and desire for continuous learning.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills paired with a positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail desirable.