About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a VFX Artist to create stunning visual effects to surprise and delight our players for an upcoming AAA title. Working closely with feature and environment teams, the successful candidate will design and create effects that will take the game experience to another level.
- Create complex Game VFX asset, including shaders and particle systems, in an efficient manner and uphold the art direction defined by the Art Director.
- Profile, optimize and debug the level using GPAD, PIX and other profiler tools in order to obtain the cost of particles on the GPU and CPU.
- Work with the team to define best practices and workflows and production pipelines.
- Collaborate with tools and tech team to enhance VFX pipeline.
- Work with multiple feature teams to assess and prioritize their requirements
- This person will work with the Art Directors and VFX Lead to match the visual style and art direction of the project. They are expected to self-sufficiently implement all environment and feature VFX and post process effects.
- At least 3+ years of experience as a VFX artist in video game development and at least 1 published AAA game, preferably on Xbox One or PS4.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of 2-year 2D/3D art degree with an emphasis in art creation or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of hardware constraints and mastery of techniques to transcend them.
- Mastery of Unreal Engine, 3D Max or Maya, Photoshop, and related software packages.
- Having a good understanding of Adobe After Effects, Toxik, Sony Vegas, Nuke3D or Combustion is a plus.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies
- Working knowledge of shader technology.
- Solid understanding of profiling/debugging with experience in GPAD, PIX and other profiler tools to obtain the cost of particles on the GPU and CPU.
- Active interest in advancement of VFX trends and techniques.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills
- Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment
- A passion for video games and realtime technology
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, resourceful problem-solver
- An excellent artistic sense
- Strong communication/collaboration skills