About the Company
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
The Production Team at WB Games Montreal is proud to offer permanent flexibility to its employees. Remote working is always allowed. Key members of our production team may be required to attend in person critical meetings occasionally. This policy applies to anyone with legal permission to work in Canada and located in Canada only.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) is looking for a Senior Producer to join its Game Development team, working on AAA titles set in the DC Comics Universe.
As a Senior Producer, you will oversee all phases and teams of development of a single project, from the concept phase through its release. You will manage a large part of the internal development teams to identify risk, define processes, establish schedules, define roles and responsibilities, make sure budgets and resources are spent to high ROI and collaborate with directors and leads on establishing goals and deliverables.
The impact of this role is a healthy team who is efficient (knows what to do, how to do it, and why), collaborative (departments work well together), and promotes professional/technical growth. This impact leads to get actual results in the game, by delivering the different milestones on time and of high quality.
To us it means to:
- Plan, organize and unblock the work of a group of teams.
- Listen, reassure, guide and coach a group of producers, directors and leads.
- Help the Directors formalize their visions and priorities.
- Transform the vision, intentions, or feedbacks from the Directors into actual results in the game.
- Estimate, plan and coordinate the work efficiently of cross-discipline teams throughout the duration of the production cycle.
- Establish and enforce robust processes to guide the work of the team throughout all the phases of the development cycle.
- Oversee, lead, and collaborate closely with internal and external resources to meet production schedules throughout the entire project.
- Establish development priorities and milestone roadmap.
- Deliver the milestones from concept to ship.
- Work with Finance department to manage the production budget.
- Work closely with the creative, artistic and design direction of the project to get a clear vision and define the priorities.
- Organize and oversee the teams to execute the creative, artistic and design direction.
- Ramp-up the team (elaborate the staffing plan, recruit, find external partners, etc.).
- Monitor the team performance and productivity.
- Manage, mentor, coach and support producers and other team members.
- Participate to the performance reviews and take necessary measures to motivate employees to meet their objectives.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a producer/project manager capacity
- Having shipped at least 2 AAA games
- Having gone through all the phases of the game development cycle (conception to release) in a producer/project manager capacity
- Strong process-oriented mindset and willingness to implement them
- Strong understanding of game development cycle from pre-production to release
- Experience in leading Production teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong level of agility and adaptability
- Ability to multi-task to handle a very large number of tasks without losing focus
- Strong sense of ownership
- Fluent in English. Bilingualism French/English is an asset
- A bachelor’s degree or university level certification in management is an asset but is not required.