Senior Manager, Game Analytics
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WB Games Montréal
WB Games Montréal is a division of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (WBIE). Founded in 2010, we are 300+ creative team members strong who join forces every day to create unforgettable AAA experiences across all platforms.
WB Games is seeking a Senior Manager, Game Analytics, to work with our team and help the studios on various initiatives that will enhance our in-development game features.
Your New Role…
In this role, you will manage and support the Lead Analysts responsible for a project and help them to streamline their analytics pipelines to ensure accuracy, quality, and usability of our analysis, and implement with them a strategy to achieve the results desired by our stakeholders’ game production studios.
This means working closely with the Leads in establishing how and what is needed to understand the targeted features of the games we develop and publish. You will also be responsible for coaching them and helping them with situations involving some of their team members and stakeholders.
This is also a hands-on development role, therefore having a familiarity with the technical aspects of analytics and data science will be essential both for leading from the front and for understanding the needs of our development teams. The ideal candidate will have both delivered data solutions and have utilized data to engage and democratize the usage of data to make informed decisions in game features development.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Directly support the Lead and their partner organizations in their use of our data services.
- Oversee the strategic goals and objectives of the multiple projects led by your Leads and work closely with them to refine the processes.
- Lead the creation of technical roadmaps and plans for data services, setting high standards for value-driven prioritization.
- Work with leadership of various technical teams to manage dependencies which influence projects.
- Hold regular check-in and 1:1 with the Leads reporting to you and ensure roadblock support, coaching and growth of desired best-practices.
- Liaise and create reporting of the activities and ongoing projects to the Director, Data Science and Publishing Insights.
- Maintain a dashboard of game analytics projects, including research and experimentation, across the game slate.
Qualifications & Experience…
- 7+ years in the video game industry demonstrating expertise in key game analytics concepts across console and mobile titles such as monetization and feature development.
- Participated in the releases of 3+ successful games (console and/or mobile).
- Hands-on technical experience creating data solutions, including broad familiarity with analytical SQL, data visualization, and experimentation, and command of data governance practices.
- Experience with Data Visualization for democratizing its usage. (Tableau or Looker, an asset).
- Demonstrated skill at coaching and inspiring a team to adopt best practices.
- Emphatic, collaborative, lifelong learner looking to constantly improve and facilitate information transmission.