Lead Programmer, Graphics
About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About Monolith Productions
For the past 25 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Join the Wonder Woman team and help bring an iconic DC Superhero to life!
Monolith Productions, the award-winning AAA studio who brought you F.E.A.R. and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is currently looking for a Lead Graphics Programmer.
Your New Role…
In this role, you will work closely with our art team to identify those features most important for delivering the best visual experience we can for our players.
You will help build core rendering systems for our proprietary game engine across multiple platforms, and drive organization and decision-making processes for the graphics team.
This role is open only to people residing and having the legal right to work in Canada.
This position can be remote from home, on-site or hybrid from the WB Games Montreal studio.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Program and debug graphics features (both shaders and C++)
- Help organize and distribute work of the graphic programming team.
- Collaborate with artists on major graphical features of our game.
- Communicate to other teams and leadership the current status of feature work.
- Profile and optimize problems related to load times, memory, and CPU usage.
Qualifications & Experience…
- 6+ years of professional experience in C++
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Proficiency with shader programming languages and graphics APIs
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with game console graphics APIs
- Advanced calculus skills
- People management experience
- Up-to-date on latest graphical techniques via GDC, Siggraph, etc.
- Experience helping maintain a live software product or game.