Last Edited: August 1, 2020
Certain aspects of the Service may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which may include, among other things, particularized age requirements, codes of conduct, sweepstakes and contest rules, and payment or subscription terms (collectively, “Additional Terms”). When Additional Terms are made available in connection with any aspect of the Service, those Additional Terms also apply to your use of that aspect of the Service and control in the event of a conflict with these Terms.
1. Changes to these Terms
2. Your Representations
3. The Warner Service
The Service and Content are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, or other intellectual property rights that are owned by Warner or its licensors. Warner respects the intellectual property rights of others and asks that you do the same. Any unauthorized use of Content or any other aspect of the Service, or any portion thereof, will constitute a violation of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and Warner reserves the right to fully prosecute such violations and enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking both civil and criminal penalties. Violation of this Agreement in any manner automatically terminates the license granted to you herein and obligates you to cease all use of the Service and Content. Any authorization to copy material granted by Warner in any part of the Service for any reason is restricted to viewing a single copy for non-commercial, personal, entertainment use only, unless otherwise specified, and is subject to your keeping intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
Except as expressly provided herein, Warner does not grant you any other express or implied right or license in or to the Service or Content and all right, title, and interest that Warner has in the Service and Content are retained by Warner, including the right to modify, discontinue, or temporarily suspend any or all of the Service at any time, with or without notice.
No aspect of the Service constitutes legal, financial, medical, or other category of professional advice.
4. Third-Party Services
5. User Content
From time to time, certain aspects of the Service may invite or otherwise allow you to submit or post a variety of content to the Service, such as text (including comments and reviews), images, videos, music, and other information, either directly to the Service or through a Third Party Service (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content remains your own, unless as otherwise may be provided in Additional Terms. Please be aware, however, that User Content is not confidential and may be accessible by other users and the public. Moreover, by submitting or posting User Content to the Service (either directly or through a Third Party Service) you grant Warner a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sublicensable, assignable, unrestricted, worldwide license to use the User Content, together with all consents or waivers, including a waiver of moral rights in favour of Warner (if any), necessary to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transmit, communicate to the public, modify and make derivative works of the User Content, by any means and in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity, and to advertise and promote such use, without further notice to, or permission from, you or any other person, and without compensation or reference to you or any other person.
Please retain copies of all User Content as Warner is under no obligation to store or return any User Content to you. Your submission of User Content will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise. You are solely responsible for your User Content. Warner only acts as a passive conduit for User Content, and will not be liable for any use, disclosure, or exposure of any User Content, including possibly objectionable or offensive User Content, to you, any other user, or any third party. Warner is under no obligation to monitor User Content or use of the Service. However, Warner has the right to monitor or moderate User Content, in our sole discretion, and to enforce our or a third party’s intellectual property rights in any User Content. Warner reserves the right to discard or remove User Content from the Service in its sole discretion and without any liability whatsoever.
You represent and warrant the following as to your User Content:
- You have obtained the written consent of every identifiable individual featured in your User Content (or, in the case of minors, consent of their parent or guardian) to use that person’s name, voice, and/or likeness (as applicable) in connection with the Service and pursuant to these Terms.
- Your User Content does not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trade secrets, or trademarks.
- Your User Content, as used in connection with the Service, will not violate any applicable laws or regulations or infringe or violate any rights of a third party, including third-party privacy rights.
- Warner may exercise the rights to your User Content granted herein without any liability, including for payment of royalties, residuals, guild fees, or the like, to you or any third party.
6. Code of Conduct
You agree that you will not use the Service to upload, post, or otherwise distribute any User Content that:
- constitutes or promotes illegal activity;
- is infringing, libelous, defamatory, abusing, harassing, or threatening;
- contains any obscene, pornographic, racist, or otherwise offensive material;
- exploits or harms children, directly or indirectly, including by exposing them to inappropriate material or asking them for any personal information;
- promotes any commercial activity, including promoting goods or services or soliciting donations, except as may be specifically authorized by applicable Additional Terms;
- is subject to confidentiality or non-disclosure obligations;
- includes any visible logos or trademarks that belong to third parties;
- disguises its source or origin, or misrepresent its author, by modifying metadata or other identifiers; or
- links to any third-party sites or services that would violate the standards contained in this list.
In using the Service you also agree not to:
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or interfere with the operation of the Service in any way;
- copy, reproduce, distribute, transfer, sell, license, publish, enter into a database, display, perform publicly, modify, create derivative works of, upload, edit, post, link to, frame, transmit, rent, lease, lend or sublicense, scrape, crawl, or in any way exploit any part of the Service, except as authorized herein;
- use any data mining or harvesting tools, robots, virus, worms, bugs, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools on the Service, or frame any portion of the Service, or attempt to tamper, hack, corrupt, or impair the administration or security of the Service;
- for the purpose of misleading others, create a false identity of the sender or the origin of a message, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Service;
- assign, sublicense, pledge or transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to any person or entity without Warner’s prior written consent which may be withheld in Warner’s sole discretion (and any such purported assignment, pledge, or transfer without such prior written consent will be null and void);
- use any tools designed to compromise security or digital rights management technology (including password guessing programs, cracking tools, or network probing tools) in connection with the Service;
- use the Service for any commercial purposes, including sending “spam” or any malicious or disruptive communications;
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the code used in any Apps, other software, or digital rights management feature on the Service into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software or any feature of the Service or piece of Content available on the Service; or
- intercept, record, or modify network communications transmitted between any Apps, software, or digital rights management features and Warner’s networks or systems.
7. Unsolicited Submissions and Feedback
Please be aware that Warner does not accept unsolicited submissions of concepts, creative ideas, suggestions, stories, scripts, or other potential creative content (“Unsolicited Submissions”). This is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstanding when projects developed by Warner staff or representatives might seem to others to be similar to their submitted concepts, creative ideas, suggestions, stories, scripts, or other potential creative content. Therefore, please do not send Warner any Unsolicited Submissions. In the event you do send us an Unsolicited Submission, you understand and agree that your Unsolicited Submission does not create any fiduciary relationship between you and Warner and that we are under no obligation to refrain from using the Unsolicited Submission (in whole or in part), to keep it confidential, or to compensate you for our use of it.
8. International Use
Warner makes no representation that every aspect of the Service is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. When you choose to access and use the Service, you agree that:
- you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk;
- you will not use the Service if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States;
- you are responsible for complying with local laws and regulations, if and to the extent local laws and regulations are applicable; and
- you specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
If there is a conflict between any of the terms herein and your rights in your place of residence, your rights under applicable law will control as to those specific terms.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LEGAL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WARNER DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WARNER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WARNER DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY WEBSITE, APP, PLATFORM, OR SERVICE LINKED TO THE SERVICE, WHETHER IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, VALIDITY, PROPRIETY, RELIABILITY, LEGALITY, SECURITY, OR OTHERWISE. WARNER MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY WEBSITE, APP, OR SERVICE LINKED TO FROM THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS; AND WARNER ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE, APP, PLATFORM OR SERVICE LINKED TO THE SERVICE.
10. Limitation of Liability
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
WARNER DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL WARNER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT (IF ANY) PAID BY YOU TO WARNER IN THE SIX MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $100. THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO ALL ACTIONS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF WARNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Warner and its directors, officers, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, agents, and licensors (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all losses, fines, penalties, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable legal fees and costs, resulting from: (i) your breach of any of the representations, warranties, and agreements made hereunder; (ii) your use of the Service; (iii) your placement or transmission of any User Content onto the Service; (iv) any use of your Account in violation of this Agreement or your failure to fulfill any obligations incurred through the use of your Account by you or a third party; or (v) your willful misconduct.
12. Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises between you and us, you agree to first provide us with notice of your complaint via email to email@example.com so that the parties may attempt to resolve the dispute informally within sixty (60) days from the date your complaint is received.
Applicable Law and Venue for Consumers
Applicable Law and Venue for Business Users
Arbitration Agreement for Business Users
With the exception of class actions, small claims court filings, or actions for preliminary injunctive relief (as further discussed below), any other dispute of any kind between Business Users and Warner arising under this Agreement or in connection with Business Users’ use of the Service (“Dispute(s)”), if unresolved through the informal process outlined above, will be resolved by binding arbitration in Los Angeles County, California.
The arbitrator presiding over a Dispute will be a retired judge or justice of any US state or federal court with substantial experience in the subject matter relevant to the matter in dispute and will follow California law, exclusive of conflict or choice of law rules, in adjudicating the dispute.
The parties acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the provision in the preceding paragraph with respect to applicable substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act of the United States.
The parties agree that the arbitrator presiding over a Dispute will be instructed, whenever practicable, to resolve threshold legal issues by way of motions filed by the parties. The parties also agree that they will follow JAMS’ streamlined arbitration rules and procedures then in effect in arbitrating any Dispute, except to the extent that the JAMS rules are inconsistent with this Section 16.D including the class action waiver described below. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com.
Both parties reserve the right to seek a preliminary injunction or temporary restraining order from a federal or state court located in Los Angeles County, California. However, after such request for relief has been adjudicated by such court, the remainder of the Dispute will be resolved by binding arbitration as set forth herein.
Class Action Waiver
13. General Terms
Warner will not have any liability to you by reason of any delay or failure to perform any obligation hereunder if the delay or failure to perform is occasioned by force majeure, which refers to any act of God, storm, fire, casualty, unanticipated work stoppage, power outage, satellite failure, strike, lockout, labor dispute, civil disturbance, riot, war, national emergency, Governmental action, or other cause beyond its control.
No failure or delay by Warner in exercising its rights under this Agreement will constitute a waiver of those rights, nor will any partial assertion of any such rights preclude further assertion of the same.
If any provision of this Agreement is held unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The titles of the sections of this Agreement are for convenience of reference only and are not to be considered in construing this Agreement. Unless the context of this Agreement clearly requires otherwise: (a) references to the plural include the singular, the singular the plural, and the part the whole; (b) “or” has the inclusive meaning frequently identified with the phrase “and/or;” (c) ”including” has the inclusive meaning frequently identified with the phrase “including but not limited to” or “including without limitation;” and (e) references to “hereunder,” “herein,” or “hereof” relate to this Agreement as a whole. Any reference in this Agreement to any statute, rule, regulation, or agreement, including this Agreement, will be deemed to include such statute, rule, regulation, or agreement as it may be modified, varied, amended, or supplemented from time to time.
Any provision herein which by its nature contemplates your continued observance following termination of this Agreement will survive termination of this Agreement.
14. Copyright Agent
If you believe that any User Content or other material on the Service infringes your copyright rights, please forward the following information in writing to our Copyright Agent at the address listed below:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and (if available) email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The exact URL or a description of each place where alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf; and
- A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The above information must be submitted to Warner’s Copyright Agent at the following address:Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Attention: Copyright Agent
4000 Warner Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91522
Tel: (818) 977-0018
Fax: (818) 977-7929
If we are notified that any User Content infringes another’s intellectual property rights, we may remove such User Content pursuant to the DMCA. In accordance with the DMCA, we have a repeat infringer policy and reserve the right to terminate your Account for submitting infringing User Content in violation of these Terms once or on a repeated basis.
We strive to make the content on this website usable by all visitors, including those with disabilities. If you are having difficulty using this website, with or without assistive technology, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your difficulty using the website, the specific web address (URL link) at issue, and your full contact information, including email address and phone number. Thank you for helping us make your online experience more enjoyable.
16. Contact Us
You may contact us at the addresses specified herein for specific requests, or contact Customer Service with general inquiries. Please do not send us any Unsolicited Submissions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ALL OF THE FOREGOING TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.